Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am back and ready to cook!

Hello, everyone! I am back and better than ever! After two months of recovery from foot surgery, I am ready and itching to cook again! The last few days I have been thinking about what to cook and I have settled on a few things. First up will be some recipes that are common among the Amish from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. I am a huge admirer of the Amish and love how they cook and use everything and never waste! I recently purchased a book of Amish recipes compiled by Beverly Lewis, an author who writes fictional stories about the Amish. Needless to say, I am slightly addicted to her novels! I have read just about everything she has written.

These recipes come from her grandmother who was raised in an Old Order Mennonite home and the author herself grew up in Amish country, so she knows what she is talking about.

So, watch the blog over the course of the next week as I start cooking. The only difference between me and the Amish is I will be using modern kitchen tools. Happy cooking, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment