Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oatmeal Awesomeness!

Sometime ago I cooked up some baked oatmeal as featured in the Amish cookbook called Amish Heritage Cookbook by Beverly Lewis (due to copyright, I cannot post the recipe, but you can buy the book or see if your library has it). The oatmeal was very simple to make -- it basically consisted of rolled oats, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, and butter. I baked it and then served it up with some dried fruit and milk. This was so good!

I plan to make it again. I think next time I will try it with strawberries and bananas. I also liked this recipe because it freezes well and keeps well in the fridge. All you have to do is re-heat it and add it to some milk and you are good to go.

Because it has been so long since I made this, I don't really have anymore to say about this. But if you are looking for a new oatmeal recipe - this one is it! It doesn't take much longer to prepare than your standard instant oatmeal and it tastes way better!

Baked Oatmeal:







No comments:

Post a Comment