Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crockpot Honey Chicken

Last night I tried a new recipe and I feel it turned out well. I made Honey Glazed Chicken in the crockpot. This recipe is definitely Asian inspired so if you are a fan of the sweet sauce based chickens you can get at Chinese restaurants, then this is the recipe for you.

As slow cooker recipes go, this one is a very fast recipe. I was to able to get this entire recipe done in less than two hours. This recipe has soy sauce and I cannot have soy, so I had to find a suitable replacement for soy sauce. I looked up substitutions on the internet and I found all of these recipes for homemade non-soy "soy sauce." After looking at the different recipes, I realized that basically these recipes were the same ingredients that are found in Worcestershire Sauce. So I got some Worcestershire Sauce and then added some water to it to thin it out and used that in the recipe.

After the chicken was done, I cooked some brown rice (I recommend Uncle Ben's 90 Second Rices) and served the chicken on top of it. To make the recipe my own I added a little sesame oil and cashews. This is another keeper!

I didn't take a picture of my recipe as both the fiance and I ate it up! This recipe makes two servings which is what I also liked about it - no leftovers. Sometimes I like leftovers, but sometimes I don't.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment