Friday, August 24, 2012

Dairy Free, Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie!

I must admit I do not keep this blog updated as much as I should. I got married last month and prior to the wedding I was a crazy woman trying to make sure everything was done.

Well, I am still trying to avoid dairy and gluten as much as possible as those appear to be the root cause of my health issues, but there are some foods that I just love and really don't want to give up, like Chicken Pot Pie! I love chicken pot pie! So I was determined to make one that was both gluten and dairy free.

I put together three different recipes to make this happen. I found a recipe online for a dairy free "cream of chicken" soup which I used for the base in my filling. I then used another recipe for biscuit mix that was gluten free from another recipe and lastly I used a chicken pot pie recipe on Rachael Ray's website to bring everything together. I will try to get the recipe together that I ended up "creating" and post it here. Needless to say this recipe came together quite quickly and was very delicious!

My husband loved it as did I! The only thing I would do differently next time is add a little more biscuit mix for the topping.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment