Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Love Affair With Paul Newman

I love Paul Newman! And not for the reason you think. While I enjoy watching him in movies (like "Butch and Sundance" - fantastic movie; highly recommended), I enjoy his food better!

Paul Newman's company, "Newman's Own" makes quality, all organic products. They make everything from Salad Dressing to Salsa to cookies! Probably the line of products I buy the most are the salad dressings and pasta sauces. But I have also tried the salsa and few other things. I have yet to have one of their products that I hate. I love everything! The best part is that all of their products are organic and all natural which means there are no fillers, no preservatives, and no artificial ingredients. And the products are no more expensive than the non-organic counterparts.

What I love about Newman's Own is that the food products are very versatile and can be used for other things than the original intended purpose. For example, tonight when I got home from spinning class I wanted a delicious dinner, but I didn't want to put much effort into it! This is where Paul Newman comes in! He gives inspiration! His salad dressings make great marinades! I thawed out a boneless pork chop and marinated it (actually, I put the pork chop in the pan and dumped the dressing on top) in Newman's Own Lighten Up Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing! It's like eating Chinese food and I didn't have to go out! I paired the pork chop with some peas and some pasta (you know the Pasta Roni kind).

I could go on about my love affair with Paul Newman. I like this love affair because it is healthy (literally).

I have decided to add yet another "section" to my blog. It will be a question about something food related. It will be something open for discussion and I would love ideas and comments. So to start off, I have been thinking a lot about healthy eating. I know a lot of us get discouraged and kind of groan when someone mentions healthy eating, but really we all need to do it to live a long life. And it makes us feel better overall. So, my question is, how do you find ways to eat healthy, while still enjoying the foods you love? Newman's Own is one way I eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment