Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1: Lunch

I just finished my lunch. Nothing too exciting for lunch: grilled chicken salad with some grapes. I drank water and took my supplements I have to take at lunch. I did end up drinking the smoothie and it was yummy! Up until today I have never found a non-dairy milk replacement that I have liked. I hate soy milk, rice milk - any kind of milk that doesn't come from a cow. But today I had almond milk and it wasn't that bad. I don't think I will be able to drink it by itself but it is okay in stuff. So, I am glad for that as I was really concerned I wouldn't like it.
For my afternoon snack I get to enjoy a baggie filled with raw cashews, raw pumpkin seeds, and raw sunflower seeds. Raw means they have not been roasted or salted. To some reading this that probably sounds disgusting to them, but I personally love raw cashews over the roasted and salted counterparts. I love how cashews are kind of sweet and the raw ones are way sweet! Roasting and salting them takes away from that. I also enjoy the raw sunflower seeds as well because it takes me back to my childhood when I used to go with my sister and we would pull the seeds out of the big sunflowers and eat them. The raw pumpkin seeds also have a very Pumpkin taste to them and I love pumpkin! So my take on raw nuts and seeds - fabulously yummy!
At this point I have not decided what I am going to be eating for dinner, but right now I am leaning towards stuffed peppers with quinoa and pecans and cinnamon for dessert. Check back later for my report!

No comments:

Post a Comment