Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 16: Late Night Dinner Sucks!

So my evening last night did no go according to plan. I was going to go home, make dinner, and then do a little shopping, but that is not what happened.

My boyfriend wasn't feeling well yesterday so I went and took him some nasal spray and a hug per his request after work. I spent a couple of hours with him, and then I returned home and was hungry. I really didn't want to make dinner, so I meandered over to Burger King. It's really hard to order food at fast food establishments when they hardly have anything you can eat. I managed, though and ordered the tendergrill chicken sandwich (which looks twice the size on the menu than it really is, btw). And I had it with lettuce only and my water.

I would really like to be able to order whatever I want some days when I go out to eat but I don't. Today our company brought in Wendys for their cafe here and I have been watching people walk by with their food and today I realized I don't eat very much apparently. I have seen both men and women walking by with two or three burgers or more. Even when I was eating whatever I never ordered more than one burger at any restaurant because I always felt that was more than sufficient. But what do I know?

Today I am hoping to get some groceries for dinner and get the rest of my Christmas shopping done as well. So this way I won't be tempted by all of the gazillion fast food places I live near. Within less than a half a mile I live by a Wendys, a McDonalds, a Burger Kind, a Taco Bell, a Subway, and about three other Mexican places and two other sandwich shops as well. See why it is so easy to just go and get dinner instead of make it?

Well, I have only five days to go and for the most part I feel like I have done well. Yes I have slipped a little bit, but there hasn't been a day where I have completely blown it, so I am thinking that overall I have been successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment