Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 3: Breakfast

Oh the humanity! I am sure some question my motives in posting a blog everyday about this diet I have to follow. Well, it helps in so many ways! Whenever I have tried to do a diet for weight reasons or health reasons in the past I have always failed miserably as I have never felt like I have had to be accountable to anyone. I know a lot of people can diet and do what they need to do without sharing it with anyone, but I need people around me to know what is up and to encourage me in my goals. It also helps me be more accountable.

My boyfriend has been very supportive in this diet. He has even decided to try and give it a go. I didn't ask him to, but he felt it was a way he could be supportive. And my mother and my grandmother have both been talking to me about Thanksgiving and have been brainstorming on what to make for me so I don't feel like I am going without. So yeah, my boyfriend and my family are awesome!

Today I just really wanted to throw in the towel on this diet. It has been very difficult and I am only on Day 3, but then I remembered I am speaking with the doctor today. I want to be able to tell him that I have been doing my best and have only faltered once since Monday. I plan to let the doctor know I have a blog so he can check my progress if he so desires as well. But this diet will not get the best of me - I will win and be triumphant!

This morning I got up early and got ready for work, so I had a little more time to make breakfast. I was able to get some free apples yesterday so I decided to cook up some chicken sausage and add the apples at the very end. I typically don't like sweet and savory together, but I have always enjoyed the combination of apples and sausage. I was going to make them into a breakfast burrito by wrapping the sausage and apples up in some romaine lettuce, but that didn't work out, so I ditched the lettuce and just ate the sausage and apples with a fork. I also had my "protein" shake which I have found stirs up more easy if I put in the almond milk first and then the powder. Yesterday I put in the powder first and then the milk and I had a big gloopy mess on my hands.

So I know when the doc calls this afternoon I will be able to report my successes so far. For my mid morning snack I have brought some celery sticks and an apple to to dip into some almond butter. And then for lunch I will be having my leftover taco stuff from last night. It will be delish!

Chicken Sausage and Apples (I ditched the lettuce after I took the picture, but at least it makes it look pretty): 







No comments:

Post a Comment