Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Butternut Squash And Onion Salad

Now that I am through the worst of this dietary change, I have decided to change my blog back to its originally intended purposes. So I am going back to reviewing recipes. The recipes I will review will probably still be very healthy and I will occasionally take time out to update everyone where I am at with my dietary restrictions, but mostly we are going back to the way this blog used to be.

With that being said, last night for dinner I made roasted butternut squash and onions with sage and dried cherries! I found the recipe on Pinterest and I wasn't sure I would like it. I had bought a butternut squash a few weeks ago and it has been begging to be eaten, so I finally used it last night. This recipe was very easy to bring together. I had to peel and cut up the squash and then slice the onions and then put them in the oven with some olive oil and then just be patient. The recipe calls for two onions and I am not a big onion eater, so I used about 3/4 of an onion and I think it was the perfect balance.

This recipe is vegan friendly, so anyone can eat it. I don't know if he was just pretending to like it or not, but my boyfriend seemed to like it even though there was no meat in the recipe. If I make this again I think next time I will pair it was some brown rice or something chicken breasts to make it more hearty.

Below is a picture of how my attempt at the recipe looked. Not as pretty as on the website with the original recipe, but it is still good.


Butternut Squash and Onions with Sage and Dried Cherries:

No comments:

Post a Comment