Monday, January 9, 2012

Dealing With Cravings


You would think I would have conquered my cravings by now, but I haven't. This last week I craved sugar and carbs! I haven't, however, craved any caffeine or soda really, but sugar and other carbs are kicking my butt!

When I walk through the grocery store all I think about it how lovely the bread and flour tortillas look. I am finding I have to have stronger resolve! So I am committing to myself this week to be more strict with myself and to curb my cravings, rely on my fruit and gluten free bread.

On Saturday, though, I was given the opportunity to "indulge" a little without breaking out of the bounds of my diet. I went to dinner with one of my girlfriends and we went to a restaurant called The Spin Cafe in Heber, UT. As I was looking at the menu trying to find something to eat I noticed at the bottom it said they had a gluten free menu so I asked for the gluten free menu. I found out they had a gluten free bun for their sandwiches and burgers, so I ordered the buffalo burger on a gluten free bun. I then was told their onion rings were gluten free too as they were made with rice flour. So I was able to eat a burger and onion rings for dinner on Saturday and I didn't break any dietary restrictions. And then they told me they had dairy free dessert which was also sugar free, so I had some berry sorbet for dessert! It was a wonderful dinner!

Tonight I am planning on making some dairy free nachos! I doubt I will be able to find anything that will taste as good as melted cheese, so I am just going to skip that part all together! I bought some spicy salsa on Saturday so I will be using that and will be adding lots of beans and chicken and other flavors so the cheese will not be missed at all! I will tell you all how it goes later!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment