Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chicken On A Stick!

It has been a couple of days since I made this meal, but I did indeed cook again. On Monday night I made Rosemary Chicken and Tomato Kebabs with a lemon couscous.

I think these kebabs would have been best cooked on the grill, but I wanted to follow the recipe and cook them the way it suggested. The recipe suggested they be broiled and broil them I did. I would suggest never broil wooden skewers if you do not have a working fan in your kitchen. Needless to say, I know I don't need batteries for my smoke detector!

The chicken and tomatoes were basted in a mustard mayo type sauce that had lemon juice and garlic in it! I am not a fan of either mustard or mayo, but this sauce was a hit! I enjoyed it a lot!

I have never had couscous, so I was excited to make some. Couscous is a grain that looks like rice and has a texture like pasta. It's very unique. Wow -- it cooks really fast, so this definitely needed to be babysat! It turned out alright, but I think I may have let it sit a little too long. The lemon and parsley were a nice touch to it though.

All in all, this meal was quite tasty and quite healthy! I used some of the leftovers the next day and put them in a pita for lunch. Yumness! Next up are pork chops with white kidney beans! Can't wait!


Rosemary Chicken and Tomato Kebabs And Lemon Couscous:

2 comments:

  1. Fancy plate :) I need to get more fancy plates and such, but Randal won't let me :'( He says that we already have enough junk and no room to put stuff... I think I could find room though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always room for fancy plates! I got mine from Target.com and I love them!

    ReplyDelete