Friday, January 21, 2011

Pork and Beans But Different Like!

Last night I was a little on the ill side and just wanted something very comforting for dinner. My friend also came over too so this was the perfect opportunity to cook something warm and delicious.

I made Pork Chops with Stewed Cannelinni Beans (aka White Kidney Beans). Delicious it was! I really love new kitchen toys and last night I got to use two of new toys. This recipe had sliced onions and as you all know by now, onions and I are mortal enemies or were. I peeled the onion and through into my food processor -- all sliced in like four seconds! It was most awesome! I also got to use my new indoor grill for the pork chops. I loved that I was able to put them on the grill and didn't have to keep flipping them or what not. This allowed me to focus on making the beans.

The stewed beans actually had more in them than just the beans. There was also kale, onions, canned diced tomatoes, carrots, and garlic. This was very easy to make. I basically just heated some oil, added the garlic, and then the onions. I cooked the onions for about five minutes and then added the chopped kale, carrots, tomatoes and beans with about 1/4 cup of water and cooked them for about ten minutes until the kale was wilted through. After you serve the vegetables, you can season them with salt and pepper or you can do it while they are still cooking. What I love about these recipes is that you can mix things up, so this recipe would work well with just about any vegetable -- so long as you cut the pieces up small enough to cook all the way through or you can used canned vegetables too.

I will be posting links to all of these recipes next week, so hang tight if you have been wanting to try them! I just found out they will be available next week. Also, in the coming weeks I am going to try my hand at recipes that are designed for people with diabetes, heart issues, and other things like that as I have to change a few of my eating habits. So, I will be looking around for some new recipes to try that address those issues. Happy eating!

Pork Chop and Stewed Cannelinni Beans:

No comments:

Post a Comment