Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chicken And Curry - YUM

So last night for dinner I decided to make something different. Wednesdays typically are my day to try different recipes, so I decided to make coconut-ginger curried chicken. This was based on a recipe I saw on one of the many blogs I have recently discovered that have recipes galore of foods that I can eat.

This recipe was definitely a hit! I didn't have coconut milk like the recipe called for and I wasn't about to spend four dollars on something I would only use once, so I used almond milk and added a little bit more coconut to the recipe. It was good! My boyfriend even liked it, but he tends to like food with a little kick to it.

I didn't have any cayenne pepper either, so I used chili powder in place of it. It still provided enough spice in the recipe. But if you want it to be very spicy, then cayenne pepper is definitely the way to go.

This week I noticed a flare-up cause I had a little too much sugar so for the last couple of days, I have been on the base anti-inflammatory diet and I am starting to feel better again. So there is definitely truth to what you eat will determine how you feel. Of course everyone is different, but this is what I have noticed. I have not weighed myself yet, but I will tomorrow so I will see if I have lost any weight. I am not that concerned with the weight loss. I am more concerned about feeling healthy and having the energy I once had. But if I lose weight in the process, I am definitely not going to complain.

Well that is all for now. I have one more major holiday to get through and then I should no longer be tempted by the bad foods for awhile. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment