Thursday, December 15, 2011

An Update On My Goals

Well, I haven't posted in a week or so. I have been busy getting ready for Christmas. I have some time to post right now so I will.

My diet restrictions have been eased a little, but not much. But the things that have been added back in have allowed me to eat and enjoy more things and also be more creative in my meal prep. I think the biggest challenge this week has been the bread. Once I have determined I can handle brown rice, the doc says I am free to eat any gluten free breads made from rice flour, so I am getting very excited about that! I enjoy sandwiches and it will be wonderful to have them again. I have never really liked condiments on my sandwiches, so that is something I won't miss.

Today I decided to weigh myself because the doc kept asking me every time he would if I had weighed myself. I don't own a scale and haven't had a chance to weigh myself anywhere since I started this adventure. So I took some time and wandered up to the scale on the third floor of my office. This scale adds ten pounds to your weight (because it isn't weighted properly), but I did weigh myself on that scale right before I started this adventure so I did have a starting number to go off of. I stepped on the scale and put it at that starting number. It was too heavy, so I moved the little thingy down some more. Still too heavy! Then it finally evened out! I have lost almost fifteen pounds in a month! In all of my weight loss goals I have never lost that much weight in a month and I am proud to say I have done this healthily and I haven't felt deprived. I think the biggest things that have helped has been giving up the refined sugars (aka candy) and the soda and caffeine. I feel much better about this treatment.

Well, I am hoping to start trying to new recipes next week - just haven't had time to whip up anything with the up and coming holiday, but I will find time! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment