Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A New Chapter

So today I had another doctor's appointment, but I actually went to the doctor's office instead of having the appointment via phone. I learned today that I lost another pound which brings my total weight loss thus far to 16 pounds! Oh yeah! I haven't lost weight at all in like that last two years and I have been steadily gaining, so to see this kind of dramatic weight loss is very thrilling to me! The doctor was very pleased with my progress. I honestly cannot tell that I have lost weight, but the doctor said that he can tell after not seeing me for like three weeks as all of my appointments until today were done over the phone. YAY!

I am starting some new supplements and was also given the go ahead on trying corn in my diet. I have been successful with the brown rice, so I was able to get some bread made from brown rice flour. I have tried it a few different ways already and I decided that I like it toasted best. I toasted some of the rice bread for dinner tonight and I couldn't even tell that it was rice bread instead of wheat bread. I will definitely be having some for breakfast!

If all goes well with the corn, it will mean I can have corn chips (as long as they are cooked in sunflower oil), corn tortillas and anything else that has corn in it so long as everything else is diet friendly. I have learned from this journey that our bodies are amazing things and if we feed it the right things, it can heal itself. For the first time in almost eight years, I finally have some control over my digestive issues that have plagued me for so long. They are almost completely eliminated and I am so thankful for that. Of course, if I eat things I shouldn't then they come back almost immediately.

Well, that is where we are at with the progress so far. This week is Christmas and I am bound and determined to be a good girl! We will see how it goes. I will keep everyone updated! Have a great Christmas, an awesome Hanukkah, and a fabulous Kwanzaa everyone! And Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment