Friday, November 12, 2010

Please sir, I want some more.

About a week ago I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. In an effort to eat more healthful I opted to order something different and not order my standard Sausage Egg McMuffin. I ordered the Yogurt Parfait instead. It cost only a dollar, so I thought it was a great deal. On both McDonald's website and their commercials, they make the parfait look like a significant size. HA! When they handed me this parfait, it was little puny thing with substandard frozen fruit and a little bit of granola! Maybe worth a dollar, but not my dollar!

I have found a much healthier and cheaper solution to this. I went to the grocery store and bought some Yoplait yogurts (Yoplait, in my opinion, is by far one of the best brands of yogurt out there). I bought some different flavors and then I went to the cereal isle and bought some granola. Don't ask me what brand I bought, because I don't know. I would suggest buying a brand of granola that has some substance to it. I am not very brand loyal when it comes to products like this. I buy what looks good and is usually the cheapest. So after I bought these, I opened my yogurt and mixed in some of the granola. Tasty! And much better than McDonald's and I got a lot more for a lot less than a dollar. I recommend pairing this homemade parfait with some fruit and maybe some cheese if you are looking for a meal. It makes a great breakfast! There are always coupons in the paper, online, and other places for the yogurt so when you have those, the meal gets cheaper! But I will leave those tips to the coupon experts.

So that is my vent for the day. Watch the blog for my blog on tonight's dinner. It is a Salmon and Leek Chowder. Not to sure about it. I have a hard time eating fish when it is something else, but I am confident it will turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment